Introduction Page for Sample Book
*** This is an updated introduction page for existing sample book owners ***
Welcome to our range of high class exclusive fabrics. This page will hopefully answer many of the questions you may have about its contents. Most of the enclosed designs are exclusive to us for sales in the UK. As many of the fabrics are quite delicate, most samples are in plastic sleeves, if you do need to remove any from their protective sleeves, please take care when sliding them in or out. All qualities are available in lengths cut to the nearest 10cm. You can find information relating to the width and fibre content on the heading at the top of each page.
The book presently consists of 5 main sections as detailed below:
- Brocades : The designs are of French, Swiss, Indian and U.K origin, available in pastel and darker, richer colours, in geometric/stripe and floral designs suitable for bridal and men's waistcoats.
- Lace : Various types including: French/Italian Chantilly, leavers, corded, ribboned, pleated and beaded/ sequined varieties. The Chantilly/Leavers qualities are only produced in short pieces of 4-5 metres, and P418 only comes in piece sizes of 2.5/3.00m .We carry a small stock of all these designs. All designs have both edges scalloped, except P419 and P423 which have a bordered effect on 1 edge, which can be cut into a scalloped shape. Designs P295 P434 and P441 are single borders. P620 has no border. Designs P449, P452, P457, P463, P888, P889, P942, P943, P292, P301 and P305 we offer an edging to match (the last 3 designs currently just in ivory).
- Silks/Plains : Many of these plains are from high class Italian silk producers. The satins include soft, D/Faced Poly/Silk, Ac/Silk and pure Silk Duchess. Georgette, Chiffon, Mikado, and Velvet. Triple and metallic Organza. Chinese yarn Dupion is available in 112 and 150cm. Crushed qualities include Satin, Organza and Taffeta. Stretch qualities include Organza, Satin, Chiffon and Velvet. Taffetas include 3 tone in both silk and polyester, P600 is currently one of our biggest selling plain fabrics.
- European Embroideries and Sequinned/Crystalled : A range of designs from various European countries, including Austria, France and Italy Base cloths offered include Organza, Chiffon, Tulle, Dupion and Velvet (both silk and polyester bases). Some of the base cloths are available as plain fabrics. Some designs are available with, sequins or Swarovski Crystals. P754, P892 and P893 are available with matching edgings
- Embroidered Beaded : Most designs are from the Far East, China, South Korea and India. Base cloths offered include Chiffon, Tulle, Duchess Satin and Dupion. Some of the base cloths are available as plain fabrics. Some satin, tulle and silk georgette designs are available with beads, sequins and raised flowers. All items are usually in stock but if not, delivery can take up to 8/10 weeks. P477, P483, P487, P488, P505, P518, P918, and P934, are available with matching borders. Fabrics with a scalloped border will have a photocopy to show the edge. Any designs that are single border will normally say on the header at the top of the page.
This brochure was designed and produced by Jo Grayland
Back to top